For Everyone having a "Error 403: Forbidden" error message!

edited September 2012 in English
Hi everyone,

In behalf of Vitzo, I'm writing to inform our users that we've detected that many of our users are getting a Error 403 while trying to download a video.

If this is your case, please bear in mind that we are already trying to fix this issue, and the bug fix will be released as soon as possible.

This applies to both VDownloader (Free and Plus versions) and FreeYouTubeDownloader.

In the meantime, you can use our browser-based downloader (available at

Sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope you all have a great weekend!

• We're proud to announce that this bug has been fixed.

Please install the latest version of VDownloader ( or Free YouTubeDownloader (

Shall you come across any kind of issue, please make sure to let us know.

Have fun!
  • You are awesome! Thank U!
  • Thanks Nando!
  • Ok, so I just tried to download the latest version of youtubedownloader from the link provided but everytime i click run it tells me there is a problem with my connection???????????
  • Hi BrianRain,

Perhaps you should contact your ISP just to check if everything's good with your connection, and then retry installing it?

Another possible solution would be to turn your firewall off while Free YouTube Downloader is downloading and installing (which shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes) and then turn it back on.
  • OK i just dont get it because when i downloaded it the first time it was fine and now for the update to the latest version its giving me problems.
  • It just seems an issue related with your connection itself and not with Free YouTube Downloader's installer.

Please try to do what I suggested in the previous message. In case it doesn't work after doing it, just let me know and I'll be glad to help you further :)
  • I'm getting this error 403 message when I try to download Elvis Presley's My Happiness.
    Everything els is just fine but not that one.
  • Hi Mojjan!

Please update your software by going on (in case you use VDownloader) , or (in case you use Free YouTube Downloader) .
  • ok, isn't the free u tube downloader good if you just downloaded it in the past few months> we have to re download? i get the forbidden after i click on settings to change it too. getting tired.
  • Hi Daisy,

That's exactly why you need to update your Free YouTube Downloader (by redownloading and reinstalling the installer available at ).

It takes less than 5 minutes to do it, and I'm sure you'll be glad to download your favorite videos again.
  • Hey, so I went to download, and it's no longer having the 403 error. Now it is saying that there is nothing with the link that I enter. I've tried uninstalling and installing again, checking my connection, and trying different links all together.
  • I'm having the same issues as BRAINRAIN... It says "There's an internet connection problem, try again later." Well, there's clearly not, because I was just able to download the file and am on the internet fine. Furthermore, after reading this thread I also tried to re-install after turning both my firewall off and my security system off. I got the same message and response. Please advise...
  • Hi Courtneyyy,

Can you tell me which link you've entered?
  • Hi Josh,

I've also had that problem today when updating my VDownloader, but after I clicked Retry once, it completed the installation without a single problem.

Can you send a screenshot of the error you get to [email protected] please?
  • the last time i upgraded the program i got a virus on my computer from the page it sent me to.. is this going to happen again?
  • Hi Gwenn,

As long as you download the installer from the official website ( for VDownloader, and for Free YouTube Downloader), you shouldn't have any virus and any virus alert should be a false positive.
  • edited October 2012
    I just downloaded Vdownloader. I get to the vdownloaded License Agreement. I click Next to agree. Then it goes to the "Better web browsing Babylon Toolbar" I click all three boxes and then next. Then I get a pop up just before it starts to download saying, "Please connect to the internet and click "ok" to continue". I have no issues with my internet connect. I downloaded the software right? I click ok and it goes away and the download sits for a few seconds and the same pop up comes back. What do I do?
  • Hi Eishiba,

Can you please e-mail me at [email protected] so I can give you further instructions?
  • I always having this sorry cannot download,the video I t to study Y?
    can you help inside Philippines